- Press and Media Relations: Hotel ships anchor in MedienHafen
- Crisis Communication: Campaign against misinformation
- developed an information strategy in order to debilitate incorrect information and defamations
The London hotel ship agency has been operating in Cologne for almost 30 years, especially during international Trade Fairs. At the end of 2004 Crossgates noticed that by active public relations the Cologne Hotel- and Catering Association (DEHOGA) was working towards the banishment of hotel ships from Cologne.
Together with the client DIE PR-BERATER developed an information strategy in order to debilitate incorrect information and defamations such as "bed-piracy" and that "The hotel ships leave nothing but rubbish". Thanks to the information strategy it was straightened out:
- that hotel ship providers are part of the competition and for the guests, especially international Trade Fair guests, they hold significant service and price advantages.
- that hotel ships strengthen the Trade Fair location.
- that guests of hotel ships dispose of a larger budget to spend in Cologne than other hotel guests, because generally they have to spend less on accommodation and transfer to the Trade Fair.
Furthermore Crossgates comprehensively informed the municipal decision makers. This led to a significant pacification of the situation, so that Crossgates - like in the last 30 years - is now able to successfully operate in Cologne.